Infants and Wobblers (6 Weeks – 18 Months)
In our Infant and Wobbler rooms, we care for and nurture infants as they develop motor skills and discover the world around them. Our Infant and Wobbler programs provide a warm, welcoming environment where your little one can grow from a bundle of joy to a bundle of curiosity. Our teachers read, sing, and teach sign language to your child daily.
Communication is crucial at this stage of development. Parents will receive daily logs that document diaper changes, feeding times, amounts fed, nap times, and other activities in which their Infant or Wobbler participated.
Some Developmental Milestones Include:
- Social interaction with adults
- Becoming aware of one’s self
- Development of basic motor skills
Infants Daily Schedule
- 6:30 – 8:45 am: Arrival/Breakfast/Free Play
Children and parents are greeted by staff and share information related to the child. Children are offered breakfast upon arrival. Free play occurs based on each child’s individual needs.
- 8:45 – 11:30 am: Morning Experiences
Choice of free play is based on each child’s individual needs. During, this time experiences may include: music, sensory, books, accessible cozy area, art, fine motor materials, gross motor materials, dramatic play, blocks, nature/science, and outdoor play. Children engage in interaction with both their peers and staff members. Social, emotional, cognitive, motor, and language development occur throughout these experiences. Meals/snack/naps are provided to children according to their needs.
- 11:30 – 12:15 pm: Lunch
- 12:30 – 2:30 pm: Nap
- 2:30 – 3:00 pm: Afternoon Snack
- 3:00 – 5:00 pm: Afternoon Experiences
- 5:00 – 6:30 pm: Departure/Free Play
Infant teachers meet the needs of each individual child and promote independent and dependent play with age-appropriate materials. This is only a glimpse of what happens throughout the day.
Wobblers Daily Schedule
- 6:30 – 7:30 am: Arrival/Wobblers are Combined in the Infant Room
- 7:30 – 8:30 am: Free Play/Diaper Changing/Wobblers Transition to Their Classroom
- 8:30 – 9:00 am: Breakfast
- 9:00 – 10:00 am: Clean up/Diaper Changing/Free Play
- 10:00 – 10:30 am: Circle Time
- 10:30 – 10:50 am: Small Group Time
- 10:50 – 11:00 am: Clean Up/Get Ready for Outside Time
- 11:00 – 11:30 am: Outside Time (If Weather is Not Permitted, Wobblers Will Stay in the Classroom)
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm: Lunch
- 12:00 – 12:30 pm: Gym Time
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm: Get Ready for Naptime/Diaper Changing
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm: Naptime
- 3:00 – 3:30 pm: Snack
- 3:30 – 4:00 pm: Diaper Changing/Free Play
- 4:00 – 4:30 pm: Outside Time
- 4:30 – 5:00 pm: Clean Up
- 5:00 – 6:30 pm: Combine with Infant Room/Free Play/Departure