We strive to create an environment ripe for learning. Our Creative Curriculum® and educational programs are designed to be developmentally appropriate for each age group and we tailor our learning objectives to meet the needs of the individual student.
Enrichment Program Included in Tuition
Our enrichment programs are designed to give your child a leg up on reading readiness, pre-writing skills and foundational mathematic concepts.
Facts about Creative Curriculum:
- A scientifically based, student-centered early childhood curriculum.
- Aligns with the Ohio’s Early Learning and Development Standards for Early Childhood.
- One of the most widely used and proven early childhood curriculum systems implemented throughout the U.S.
- Based on the child development and theories of Piaget, Vygotsky, and Erikson.
- Developmentally appropriate, child-centered, and intellectually stimulating curriculum.
The Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers & Twos is a comprehensive curriculum that focuses on building relationships and providing responsive care. The curriculum focuses on creating a responsive environment for the children where they will be physically and emotionally stimulated with materials, sounds, and experiences, in addition to having space to relax and learn from those around them. We carefully plan daily routines and experiences, focusing on personal growth and development while making sure they are individualized to each child.
Children will participate in:
- Creative Art
- Large and Fine Motor Activities
- Language and Talking Activities
- Music and Movement
- Cognitive Activities
The child’s own personal care is also individualized to their own needs.
Lesson plans are developed around a weekly exploration topic, based off of the children’s interests, not just a topic out of a box. Activities are developed around specific goals and objectives that your child’s class is working on. Research proves that children learn best when the topic is relevant and interesting to the group of children.
What We Believe
New Adventures preschool programs offer children opportunities to construct their own knowledge as they participate in a broad range of activities. Our curriculum, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool, immerses children in exploration, creativity, practice, questioning, and growing through quality literacy experiences, creative expression, hands-on opportunities, and a balance of quiet and active times, indoor and outdoor activities, and individual, small, and large group initiatives.
Our children are engaged in learning through:
- Literacy Experiences
- Dramatic Play
- Toys and Games
- Sand and Water
- Music and Movement
- Outdoor and Indoor Play
Our curriculum identifies goals in four areas of development
- Social/Emotional: To help children develop independence, self-confidence, self-control, follow rules and routines, make friends, and learn what it means to be part of a group.
- Physical: To increase children’s large muscle skills – balancing, running, jumping, throwing, and catching – and to use the small muscles in their hands to do tasks like buttoning, stringing beads cutting, drawing, and writing.
- Cognitive: To acquire thinking skills such as the abilities to solve problems, ask questions, and think logically – things like sorting, classifying, comparing, counting, and making patterns – and to use material and their imagination to show what they have learned.
- Language: To use words to communicate with others, listen to and participate in conversations with others, understand the purpose of print, recognize letters and words, and begin writing for a purpose.
The combination of structured activities, classroom organization, a daily schedule, and communication with the children enables our team to accomplish the goals of our curriculum and give your child a successful start in school.
The Creative Curriculum reinforces early positive growth and opens the door to lifelong learning.